The pencil

 Hi and I am Ella. I have literally no friends at school. Nada, Zilch, None. Little did I know a pencil would change my life. 


One snowy morning I was sitting on my couch all cozy, sipping a cup of hot chocolate as the snowflakes fell creating a thick blanket of snow on my lawn. I decided to go for a small walk, So I grabbed my winter coat and walked out the door. I walked  for a little while and I saw an old lady struggling to get across the road. I rushed off to help and I took her hand and got her across the road. 

“Thank you so much young lady! Here, have this pencil. But there is a catch, whatever you draw comes to life! Bye!” and she disappeared into her cottage. 

“Ok?” I muttered and left.


The next day was a school day. So at recess I decided to draw something. I drew a girl who is my age with auburn hair and ocean blue eyes and I thought I would name her Ember and poof! The same girl appeared in front of me! 

“Hi I am Ember and you drew me! Wanna be friends?” 

“Uhmm I am dreaming… Right?”

“OfCourse you aren’t silly! Here see?!” she giggles as she pinches me,

“Ow! Ok! Hi Ember! I am Ella and yes I would love to be friends.”

“Cool!” she says as the bell rings.


“Class, this is Ember and she will be in our class for this year. Ember go sit next to Ella, Ella raise your hand.”

I squealed silently as I raised my hand. 

“ Ember will be next to me!” I thought

 Me and Ember were chatting during class and our teacher never noticed. It was a great term at school and me and Ember are roommates!  One day I was drawing. Ember came in startling me causing me to drop my pencil that broke in half! I was worried but I got distracted by Ember’s silliness. But after a while Ember started fading… 

“Ember?! What’s happening?”

“I’m… Fading!”

“We need to go somewhere fast!”

So we ran to the lady

But there was a note on her door!

It said: Dear Ella,

I knew you’d come, I live in the forest in my backyard come to me and I shall fix your pencil and your friend.

“We need to go!” I said briskly and we left into the forest.


We were walking through the jungle and we saw a humongous brown monster. It yelled as it tried to thrash me but before It could Ember stood in front and she faded away…

“Noooo Ember! You shall pay!”

I found a sword and climbed up it as it tried to shake me away and Thrash! The monster broke into smithereens… And out came the lady!? She had Ember behind her and my pencil too! “Now that is true friendship!” she said as she faded away. I smile at Ember as we walk away.


Hello!!!!!!! I made a new story! Yay! The sneak peak one I sent... I am still working on it so don't worry! I entered this one in a competition. If you think it is short... The competition says it is only 500 words so yea. Wish me luck and I hope you enjoy! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sneak Peek!

Sisterhood